Monday, March 22, 2010

Philosophy and Art

I also noticed that whenever I tell people that I'm interested in Aesthetics, they make a comment such as "You need to take me to a museum!" Sadly, people interested in Aesthetics don't spend enough time experiencing any type of art, but mostly attempting to account for it philosophically convinced that there is a point to all of this.

And for a museum tour, I highly recommend my sister Diana, who is not only a painter, but also an expert in Art History. She is the one who has dragged me to countless exhibits around NYC, bribing me to stay longer in the museum by paying for my sandwich.


All of this to say that I'm really exited to attend my first (and probably last) Graduate Conference in Philosophy and Art, at SUNY Stonybrook. They even have my paper posted online if any one of my readers
(that would be you, mom) wants to look at it.

http://www.philosophyartconference.org/Download.html

No comments: